Speakers and Headphones

Share and discuss music, artists, and the audiophile culture.
Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rennaT
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Tanner » 2011.02.06 (22:43)

What's your setup for audio?

For groups, I have my computer plugged into the aux port on my old CD Player. It's not winning any awards but it's cheap and effective for watching movies.

For personal listening, I have a pair of Sony MDR-7505 headphones.
'rret donc d'niaser 'vec mon sirop d'erable, calis, si j't'r'vois icitte j'pellerais la police, tu l'veras l'criss de poutine de cul t'auras en prison, tabarnak

Retrofuturist
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby t̷s͢uk̕a͡t͜ư » 2011.02.06 (23:22)

I pretty much always use my Logitech Premium Notebook Headset (see my Amazon review for my opinion on it) when I'm at my computer.
In those rare cases that someone besides me should be hearing something, I have some pretty decent Altec Lansing (VS2220) speakers.
When I'm listening to my iPod (or the same music on my phone, when I forget to recharge my iPod), I use Skullcandy Smokin' Buds.

Also, ALSA, because fuck OSS.
[spoiler="you know i always joked that it would be scary as hell to run into DMX in a dark ally, but secretly when i say 'DMX' i really mean 'Tsukatu'." -kai]"... and when i say 'scary as hell' i really mean 'tight pink shirt'." -kai[/spoiler][/i]
spoiler

La historia me absolverá
La historia me absolverá
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maestro
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby 乳头的早餐谷物 » 2011.02.07 (02:06)

Most times when I'm able to be loud without disturbing anyone I opt for speakers instead of headphones. I have some fairly old Altec Lansings that used to be a 4.1 setup but the back two eventually broke (and they weren't that useful to begin with), so now it's stereo plus a subwoofer. Come to think of it, the main volume knob is also broken, so they are a bit worse for wear, but they still sound good.

For indoor headphone listening I have a pair of Sennheiser HD-202 headphones, which provide great sound at a great price.

For outdoor (or inside someone else's doors) listening I use a pair of entry-level Sony earbuds which include a volume control slider on the cord. I was skeptical at first, but it's actually a very useful feature. I like it particularly because my MP3 player emits some background noise, which you can only hear when listening in very quiet spaces with the volume very low, and so I can turn up the MP3 player and then turn down the headphones to make the noise inaudible.
M E A T N E T 1 9 9 2

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maxson924

Postby Rose » 2011.02.08 (04:08)

Regardless of whether I'm on my computer or listening to my Zune, I have these ~$45 in-ear noise-cancelling earphones. They're wonderful, especially for that price; they're just as good as the $200 pair I owned beforehand.

The only exception to this is when I plug my Zune into the cassette adapter in my car, in which case I just have the basic speakers that came with the car. They're nothing special, but they get the job done.

King Sanchez De La Cruz Magnifico IV: Return of Lenny Laser-Tits
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/Weisslenny0
MBTI Type: ENFJ

Postby Lenny » 2011.02.14 (09:07)

Often iPod + dock, otherwise large external speakers... and occasionally headphones that I got on sale for $60 or so.
ImageImageImage
<&Yanni> I've had an ambient song like this playing for a couple hours,
<&Yanni> Oh no wait that is MY AIR CONDITIONER

-----
<@Animator> :::: Techno was killed by a better music genre.
-----
<SouthyMcGee> Music is auditory art. What art is a different argument.
----
<&sforzando> Alright, no 247MHz for you.

Previous Custom Member Titles: Cross-Country Sticker King 2k10, Doing Out the Girls, Outdoing the Girls, Lenny Laser-Tits, King Sanchez De La Cruz Magnifico IV: Return of Lenny Laser-Tits (current).