The .sol of N

Create, share, and discuss the community's popular webcomics.
Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Eternal_Boredom
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby DoctorAperture » 2008.12.02 (14:26)

So... our dear Turiski has been away at NFL, an appearantly life changing camp.

Has his life been changed? Is he a better person?

What do you think? I mean, he still is doing this comic.
random stuff

Thanks tp pawz and GTM for the sig

obligatory ad for my comic(s)

LittleViking wrote:Oh, sure. I just hope this doesn't open the door to new jokes instead, you know? I'd hate for this to shed some light on more name-related puns. Maybe now they can focus their efforts elsewhere.
Awww, so cute!

It Must've Been Love
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.02 (14:54)

So if you were wondering why I haven't been posting, here it is:

More comics later today or tomorrow.
Other Project

Soon as in later. Probably post-December. However, aperture and I are in contact, so rest assured we are at least thinking about it.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.03 (04:28)

Well, I recently saw the Dronies nominations.

*glares*

I mean, it's cool, I understand losing to MSPainted, Trob and 210. I'll even take the humbling to Secret Four, the ridiculous non-comic that I'm assuming everyone loves mainly because they thought that if they oggled hard enough they might be accepted by #secretfour

But honestly. I lost to this? A comic that in addition to not updating for 2 months did not even produce a new comic on the new forums! And it wasn't made by some ultra-popular guy that the community was begging just for him to glance in their direction (secretfour), nor is it grandfathered in by it's sheer awesomeness (210, Trob).

Well, congratulations, Weisslenny. I would have been screwed anyway from MSP. I'm a patient guy, and I'll be around for another year. Hopefully next time I make top 5 nominations, huh?

Anyway, I promised comics, not a blowing-off-steam session about not making Dronies nominations. AND COMICS I HAVE! To be honest, you guys are catching up. My newest one is 122 and it's not finished yet, meaning I'm only 40 ahead. That probably has more to do with my stack of schoolwork than my insane post rate, though, eh?

So for those of you who can do math in your head, you'll already know how many comics I'm putting up. For the rest of you, the answer is 3.

Three after-thoughts:
- For those of you who understand what's going on in 80, yes, 50 will be up shortly.
- Ignate, let me backpedal a bit. Your defense of Nox didn't suck. It was just a bit cumbersome. I mean, it makes sense but I wouldn't bring it to a swordfight. Get my drift? No? Was it the metaphor? It was the metaphor. I'm sorry.
Another comment about the quality of the images

- I'm still not happy with how these are coming out on the screen. It's almost enough to make me want to draw them on the computer.

Other Project

Soon as in later. Probably post-December. However, aperture and I are in contact, so rest assured we are at least thinking about it.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.

Postby bhz » 2008.12.03 (11:21)

122 ?!?!?
5 more...5 more.
GOAL: 127

EDIT: #...1...2...8....
Guess what that means...6 comics away.

I ask Dave: When was this released?
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

ABC
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/samurai_maligus

Postby Maligus » 2008.12.03 (23:38)

Okay, Turiski...one problem that I have with your charaters is the anatomy...particularly the head...I'm not saying that you cant draw your characters your own way...I'm just saying to put this into consideration...the characters heads...SHOULD NOT HAVE A NECK!!!! lol I'm sorry but I am kind of OCD when it comes to art which is why I am really really specific when I draw my characters.
The Comic That Gets Progressively Better
Drathmoore wrote:Invader Zim. A pretty unique idea, I must admit. =D
Overall... It's getting progressively better. I'm a bit interested to see where it goes from here.
Think you have ideas worth contributing to my comics? If so, PM me your idea and I might put it in my comic. And, of course, your name will be cited in the comic.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.12 (14:30)

@ bhz: Not too long ago. I remember being on IRC when he posted the topic.

@ Maligus: I understand you went on a spamming thing when you first joined but outright hypocricy is not the way to go on this place.

@ all: So anyway I know I've been sort of... well... here but not. Finals are next week and there's a big paper due on Monday, so probably nothing for another week. However, I did manage to get 83 + 84 up. I'm having some troubles with 85, for slightly different reasons than with 37.

Other Project

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.16 (00:49)

Haha, I like how everyone decided that this weekend, the one weekend I couldn't post, would be the perfect time to update and comment on webcomics.

Oh well. I've gone to some technical strains to get 85 to you, but believe me, it's totally worth it. I'm putting it in a spoiler. It's very wide and very long (vertically). It's even longer than this crazy screen, which got me into those technical problems. I have the urge to explain why I couldn't just make it smaller, but I think that would just bore people to noncomment.
The Comic Number Eighty-Five

Last edited by Turiski on 2009.01.10 (06:20), edited 1 time in total.
Other Project

Depressing
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/UniverseZero
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/universezero/
MBTI Type: ENTJ
Location: The City of Sails, The Land of the Long White Cloud

Postby Universezero » 2008.12.16 (08:32)

I'm starting to see some real plot development here. Great job! Keep it up!

Also, I voted for you in the Dronies. ;)

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.18 (14:39)

@ universe: Well, I was hoping that impression would have been made something like 60 comics ago, but hey, better to be recognized late than never :/

@ all: I swear, I have a reason. I wouldn't have drawn this, but they promised me fame and riches beyond imagination...
Today, I have a special edition comic, hot off the press, for your viewing pleasure, as I promised to the powers that be, and also to Izzy.

@ Izzy: Bonus points (but no second strip) for what the headline relates to. @ all: Is it true? We report, You decide.

Other Project

Damn You're Fine
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Eternal_Boredom
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby DoctorAperture » 2008.12.18 (14:40)

i still cant get over how well that came out...
random stuff

Thanks tp pawz and GTM for the sig

obligatory ad for my comic(s)

LittleViking wrote:Oh, sure. I just hope this doesn't open the door to new jokes instead, you know? I'd hate for this to shed some light on more name-related puns. Maybe now they can focus their efforts elsewhere.
Awww, so cute!

Subterranean Engineer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Izzy
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Izzy » 2008.12.18 (14:48)

Ahahaha.

Is the headline supposed to relate to me being a guy and not a girl, unlike popular belief? Or does it have something to do with the comic (that I have not been following) itself?
Derived from ksktorngsig!
I don't think the universe has infinite material though, unless God makes DLC packs. - SkyPanda

Bayking

Postby Animator » 2008.12.18 (21:39)

It has everything to do with something, obviously. Muahahaha.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.24 (19:07)

@ EB: Way to say what I told you. But for the rest of you, yes. I'm very happy with the quality in that one.

@
Izzy:

No. If you look closely to the side you'll see that I took great pains to write "IRC" near B13, which was the page the front was continued on. If you remember that conversation then it should make sense. If not you're probably still in the dark

You don't follow t.soN? Blasphemy!

@ Ani: Actually, it has something to do with everything, obviously.

@ all: Not to quadruple-post the forum, but hey, I've been away for a while.

Other Project

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2008.12.29 (18:40)

Okay, for starters, I just got the most amazing Christmas present ever. My mom found a program what would let her publish books, and she sent in scans of the first 100 comics, and they were bound. It's hard to say exactly what that means without being able to show you the book, but my brother said it best: It's a legit book. It's not like mom found a book binding machine and did a homemade job. It even has copyright information in the front (!). I'm not sure I like that one so much, but all of them will be available free online still!

The most interesting thing is that mom didn't take any of my scans, but she redid them using 300 dpi. I'm not sure if that will help, but I'll use it for this one and see.

And the number is............

Other Project

Ice Cold
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/sithmaster

Postby Sithmaster » 2008.12.29 (19:00)

omg
quotes of the old forum

Blue_Tetris: Wait, wait wait. Does this mean I can break the rules to provoke a reaction and not get banned?
...awesome! The next few days are gonna be some fun.

Someguy: Eagles may soar in the sky, but weasels never get sucked right into a jet engine

Steven Colbert: I see patterns where they don't where they don't exist!!!

Mosh: Fishing for fish only works if the fish are hungry. Don't ask the fish why they don't bite. Rather, consider why they aren't biting.
Or simply chuck a grenade in the lake, pick up the dead fish, and call it a day.

capt_weasle: Mare is actually reagan who is really Tsukatu, who is actually just God. And you can't say he isn't because that would mean he doesnt believe in himself. He just has a low self esteem. Poor guy.

Palemoon:thanks, maestro. Now i can stop smearing paste on my face with a broom

Animator:Eat those poor gingerbread men? For shame. Do you know how many widows are in a gingerbread family? Millions. They have been fighting a war with humanity ever since they were made just to survive and live, with no luck! Think of the children, man! Those poor gingerbread children who are orpahns now, because their moms and dads were eaten, AND THEY WILL SHARE THE SAME FATE TOO! It's saddening. Please, go out there and raise money to save this ever-endangered reality of sugar and bread. Please, for the sake of this kind... think of the oven.

Player 1:You may very well be the first person on the planet to have his faced caved in by a fistful of turkey. Congratulations.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Tsukatu Twilight Rant

BELLA parks her car and enters the school.
EDWARD: "Hello, Bella. I am very awkward, and I am a vampire."
Freeze frame: the text "protagonist, and also a vampire" appears, and an arrow pointing from the text to EDWARD blinks a few times.
BELLA: "I am infatuated with you." (she turns to the camera) "I am unaware that Edward is a vampire."
EDWARD: "I am infatuated with you, too, and I am a vampire."
BELLA: "Let's be awkward together." (she turns to the camera) "I am still unaware that Edward is a vampire."
EDWARD: "I completely agree, and I am very clearly a vampire."
(EDWARD does vampirey things.)
BELLA: "Thank you for saving my life."
EDWARD: "No problem, and I am a vampire."
BELLA: (to the camera) "I am beginning to suspect that Edward is not human."
EDWARD: "I am a vampire."
BELLA: "Are you a superhero?"
EDWARD: "No, I am a vampire."
BELLA: "What are you then?"
EDWARD: "I am not the good guy; I am the bad guy." (he turns to the camera) "That was a lie. I am very much the good guy." (he turns back to Bella) "Specifically, I am a vampire."
BELLA: (to the camera) "I am beginning to suspect that Edward is a vampire."

JACOB: "Hello, Bella, and I am very clearly a werewolf. Look at my wacky canines."
BELLA: "What do you have against Edward, anyway?"
JACOB: "I am a werewolf."
BELLA: "I am convinced that you are a normal human being."
JACOB: "Everyone in my tribe is a werewolf. I am in my tribe; I am also a werewolf. We are all werewolves."
BELLA: "I have no reason to believe that you are more than human."

And what exactly is Bella's problem? Why does she fall head-over-heels with an anti-social, almost preternaturally awkward, whiny, mascara-wearing emo cunt?

lord_day

I guess the guy who wrote XKCD was right. You can't be too stupid for youtube.

brocerius

When i say 'Abortion is murder' i mean just that; it is the taking of life - in that, from conception, a fetus is as definably life as is a bacteria, a puppy, or Stephen Hawking. This is how i think it differs from contraception, masturbation, and not screwing Dave.

Blue_Tetris quotes (all taken from a topic on abortion)

Eating vegetables instead of meat lowers your sperm count, clearly killing potential children. Vegetarians are murderers.

If a chair comes into my house and I don't want it there, I do everything in my power to remove it. What makes you think you have more rights than a chair when you go into someone else's home unannounced?

If I'm sleeping around without a condom, I'm likely to have a child too. When I wear a condom, I prevent the likely child I would have. Condoms are for murderers. I'm good at picking up dates and getting them into the sack, so if I restrain myself from going clubbing then I am prventing a potential child. Non-socialites are murderers.

GTM

What ever happened to the purpose of Christmas anyway, I thought it was about elves smacking each other over the head with a shovel whilst Santa drank whisky and egged them on.

I give you a laser printer and set it to stun

Tsukatu

Deathconsciousness: "Deism is closer to atheism than theism."
Demonz: "Oh? How's that?"
Deathconsciousness: "Well, deism is the belief that there's a-"
Demonz: *grabs airhorn* *FNNNRRRRRRRRTT*
Deathconsciousness: "..."
Demonz: *puts down airhorn* "Sorry, you were saying?"
Deathconsciousness: "...a being that created the uni-"
Demonz: *puts down airhorn* "Please continue."
Deathconsciousness: "Are you going to let me finish this time?"
Demonz: "Given that I had to stop you twice just now in the same sentence, I don't think that's likely."
*Tsukatu wanders in*
Tsukatu: "Anyone seen my airhorn?"
Demonz: "Yeah, it's right here. I needed to borrow it for a sec. I knew you wouldn't mind."
Tsukatu: "Oh, yeah, that's fine. I'm just about to head into the Okay With Gays thread."
Demonz: "Here you go." *hands Tsukatu the airhorn*
Tsukatu: "Thanks." *exits the thread*
Demonz: "Where were we?"
Deathconsciousness: "I was saying how atheists also believe th-"
Demonz: "AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!"
Deathconsciousness: (startled) "What was that?"
Demonz: "Sorry, I don't have the airhorn anymore. Do go on."
*an airhorn sounds in a nearby thread*

deathconsciousness

a lack of belief is still a belief that something in itself is lacking. please dont be arrogant.

demonzlunchbreak

What the jesus balls are you talking about?

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2008.12.29 (22:45)

Best Plot Twist Ever

Loving this comic.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2009.01.02 (07:12)

@ sith: INORITE?

@ universe: Okay, first. Are you zer0 from the old forums? Cause if so, you've matured a lot since you first posted. Anyway. Thanks for the support!

@ all: Well, i just wrote three. I figured I might at least TRY to keep pushing you guys forward, so here's another. Fifty will come before ninety, and I may have another special edition after it.
EDIT: very wrong image size.

Other Project

Ice Cold

Postby Sithmaster » 2009.01.02 (07:31)

can you blame him for being scared?
quotes of the old forum

Blue_Tetris: Wait, wait wait. Does this mean I can break the rules to provoke a reaction and not get banned?

Someguy: Eagles may soar in the sky, but weasels never get sucked right into a jet engine

Mosh: Fishing for fish only works if the fish are hungry. Don't ask the fish why they don't bite. Rather, consider why they aren't biting.
Or simply chuck a grenade in the lake, pick up the dead fish, and call it a day.

capt_weasle: Mare is actually reagan who is really Tsukatu, who is actually just God. And you can't say he isn't because that would mean he doesnt believe in himself. He just has a low self esteem. Poor guy.

Animator:Eat those poor gingerbread men? For shame. Do you know how many widows are in a gingerbread family? Millions. They have been fighting a war with humanity ever since they were made just to survive and live, with no luck! Think of the children, man! Those poor gingerbread children who are orpahns now, because their moms and dads were eaten, AND THEY WILL SHARE THE SAME FATE TOO! It's saddening. Please, go out there and raise money to save this ever-endangered reality of sugar and bread. Please, for the sake of this kind... think of the oven.

Player 1:You may very well be the first person on the planet to have his faced caved in by a fistful of turkey. Congratulations.

Tsukatu Twilight Rant

Freeze frame: the text "protagonist, and also a vampire" appears, and an arrow pointing from the text to EDWARD blinks a few times.
BELLA: "I am infatuated with you." (she turns to the camera) "I am unaware that Edward is a vampire."
BELLA: "Let's be awkward together." (she turns to the camera) "I am still unaware that Edward is a vampire."
EDWARD: "I am not the good guy; I am the bad guy." (he turns to the camera) "That was a lie. I am very much the good guy." (he turns back to Bella) "Specifically, I am a vampire."

JACOB: "Hello, Bella, and I am very clearly a werewolf. Look at my wacky canines."
JACOB: "Everyone in my tribe is a werewolf. I am in my tribe; I am also a werewolf. We are all werewolves."

And what exactly is Bella's problem? Why does she fall head-over-heels with an anti-social, almost preternaturally awkward, whiny, mascara-wearing emo cunt?

lord_day

brocerius

When i say 'Abortion is murder' i mean just that; it is the taking of life - in that, from conception, a fetus is as definably life as is a bacteria, a puppy, or Stephen Hawking. This is how i think it differs from contraception, masturbation, and not screwing Dave.

Eating vegetables instead of meat lowers your sperm count, clearly killing potential children. Vegetarians are murderers.

If a chair comes into my house and I don't want it there, I do everything in my power to remove it. What makes you think you have more rights than a chair when you go into someone else's home unannounced?

If I'm sleeping around without a condom, I'm likely to have a child too. When I wear a condom, I prevent the likely child I would have. Condoms are for murderers. I'm good at picking up dates and getting them into the sack, so if I restrain myself from going clubbing then I am prventing a potential child. Non-socialites are murderers.

GTM

What ever happened to the purpose of Christmas anyway, I thought it was about elves smacking each other over the head with a shovel whilst Santa drank whisky and egged them on.

Tsukatu

Demonz: "Given that I had to stop you twice just now in the same sentence, I don't think that's likely."
*Tsukatu wanders in*
Demonz: "Yeah, it's right here. I needed to borrow it for a sec. I knew you wouldn't mind."
Tsukatu: "Oh, yeah, that's fine. I'm just about to head into the Okay With Gays thread."

deathconsciousness

a lack of belief is still a belief that something in itself is lacking. please dont be arrogant.

demonzlunchbreak

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2009.01.03 (17:05)

@ sith :)

@ all: Here is 50, because you totally deserve it, and it was mean to put 80 up before it :/

More Words About Image Quality

It seems the orange ones are the worst. It looks good on this screen and hopefully I won't lose too much quality... On the positive side, I'm really enjoying how well Katie is doing with her new always-on dark border line

Other Project

Ice Cold

Postby Sithmaster » 2009.01.04 (03:52)

what a sexy formula
quotes of the old forum

Tsukatu Twilight Rant

lord_day

brocerius

GTM

Tsukatu

*Tsukatu wanders in*

deathconsciousness

demonzlunchbreak

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2009.01.09 (00:58)

@ sith: Thanks for all the comments! You might just be the new ninja143 :)
@ ninja: Seriously, are you out there?
@ all: Well, if you've read around, you might have noticed that I'm sort of getting myself into the business of comic criticism, which I suppose I don't have any real right to do. So if you've been or ever are at the receiving end of my comments, just keep in mind that I'm actually a person out here on he other end, and I'm not becoming a cold-hearted bastard. Cool? Cool. Okay, 90!

Other Project

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2009.01.11 (17:19)

@ all: Okay, I'm trying to always have Sunday updates. The rest of the week is sort of like do-whatever, but I'd like Sunday to be a constant.

Heres 91!

Other Project

Depressing

Postby Universezero » 2009.01.11 (23:21)

Bwahaha! Classic.

It Must've Been Love

Postby Turiski » 2009.01.14 (02:02)

@ uni: You never did answer my question... are you zer0?
And yes, I made that comic with the game in mind... I can't tell you how many times I did that.

@ all: Here's the new comic

Other Project

The Length, in Kilometers, of Bahrain's Coastline.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/DarkandroidLoN
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby Darkandroid » 2009.01.14 (05:08)

Okay. I totally just signed up to do this:
this is a great comic, but with the pencil art, it's sometimes hard to see.
spoiler

Made by Wumbla