Page 1 of 1
Posted: 2009.02.02 (03:01)
Yes, a new Riobe mappack, fresh with 10 shiny new episodes (mostly action maps, a few races and hybrids). This took a really long time to make (a total of around 37 days actually), and I had a great time making all of these maps. Special thanks are included in the episode, my favs will be submitted to NUMA (no, that is not all of the maps. =P), and I have two versions made for you. One is a download and go version, in which you take the maps and shove em' in your userlevels if you'd like, and another is a slightly more detailed version, with special thanks and everything.
Special thanks are to yungerkid, for playtesting every single map in this pack, and helping me decide on a title.
Also, special thanks to _destiny^- and Erik-Player for playtesting a few maps as well.
(Also, on a minor note, posted at the end of the Superbowl! Woo! :D)
Erik-Player - "Most of these maps are very unique. Great job on these."
Destiny - "This is awesome, i've just gotton up to 2-1. Very high standards in your maps ^^"
GTM - "Great stuff, very unique and a lot of unusual stuff. Nice one :)"
mintnut - "I loved the whole thing though, I started playing, and each time I loaded up a map, I smiled."
flagmyidol - "This mappack contained all of my new favorite minejumpers from the last six months. Brilliant mines in every map."
Tunco - "Nice maps, Riobe."
Pheidippides - "I've gotten about halfway through the pack so far, and I'm enjoying a lot of it."
Posted: 2009.02.02 (03:06)
Most of these maps are very unique. Great job on these.
Posted: 2009.02.02 (03:17)
favourites: Breaking Out, Natural Labyrinth, Curvy Baby, Odd Ball, Loading Times are Ridiculous, Piece Out, Amoeba, Sugar and Spice. you know the rest.
Posted: 2009.02.02 (08:01)
This is awesome, i've just gotton up to 2-1. Very high standards in your maps ^^
Posted: 2009.02.02 (16:35)
Oh, cool. Downloaded. I'll get back to this thread in detail once I play them.
Posted: 2009.02.02 (16:59)
I'll get back to you with some feedback when I've gone through the maps. At first glance, they look pretty impressive.
Posted: 2009.02.02 (17:02)
Oooh. The pack got better as it progressed; the early maps seemed bland but that was soon remedied. Great stuff, very unique and a lot of unusual stuff. Nice one :)
Posted: 2009.02.02 (23:38)
Strangely, I disagree with GTM. I thought the first 3 episodes were a brilliantly balanced piece of work.
I loved the whole thing though, I started playing, and each time I loaded up a map, I smiled. They were al so fun to play, mostly diverse, and entirely, er, you. Yes, there was plenty of 7/3 and 6/2 tiles with 2 pieces of gold, and gausses, but some of the other enemy work, especially the lasers was wonderful. Seriously, this is how to do a map pack. Too many people rush into them, or throw them out to early, you really seem to have put some thought into how the dynamics of the pack would work. Not to mention you earned your stripes learning how to make maps first, before trying to put out something as demanding as a map pack.
Posted: 2009.02.05 (14:34)
Having played: This mappack contained all of my new favorite minejumpers from the last six months. Brilliant mines in every map.
Posted: 2009.02.17 (16:03)
Posted: 2009.02.17 (16:18)
Oh, I never got back to you on this. I've gotten about halfway through the pack so far, and I'm enjoying a lot of it. I can be more specific when my computer is all fixed up and working again, but I just wanted to say that I will give this pack a fuller review in the future. Nice work. :)
Posted: 2012.04.15 (11:07)
An equal amount of great maps and horribly shitty maps.
- 00-0 Underneath >> Not too bad for an opening map, but boring.
- 00-1 All The Same >> I kinda liked this, in a simple way. Userlevel'd.
- 00-2 An Opening >> Not terrible, but rather boring.
- 00-3 Spark Of Light >> This one was good for highscoring, but I wish the exit switch was opposite the ninja.
- 00-4 Breaking Out >> Stupid gimmick of a map.
- 01-0 Close Civilization >> Absolutely fantastic for highscoring. Userlevel'd.
- 01-1 City Scape II >> Meh. Pretty boring and uncreative.
- 01-2 Minaret Corporation >> Triple lasers were good, but the gold placement was bad.
- 01-3 Suburban Storm >> Ahahaha, this map is a joke.
- 01-4 Parallel To The Floor >> Needed much better flow to be fun.
- 02-0 Boss Battle >> Really fun for highscoring, but triple lasers again.
- 02-1 Level 2 >> Didn't feel finished to me.
- 02-2 Mechanical Tentacle >> I love those drones like shit. Userlevel'd.
- 02-3 Calling All Windmills >> Meh. A couple more bounceblocks would be good.
- 02-4 Earth. >> It should've been more flowier.
- 03-0 The Easy Way >> I didn't like it.
- 03-1 Took A While >> I'm not too sure what this map is doing here. It sucks.
- 03-2 Sound Waves >> This could've been much better.
- 03-3 Seemingly Medium >> Boring as fuck.
- 03-4 Gateway >> Not that well-laid out, but fun to highscore.
- 04-0 Film Strip >> It's too bad that you didn't have more oneways.
- 04-1 Curvy Baby >> I don't like this either.
- 04-2 Dr0wn3d >> I don't like how the exits were, but this was decent.
- 04-3 Odd Ball >> This isn't clever or fun.
- 04-4 Skylight >> Decent at best.
- 05-0 Again? >> The lasers shouldn't be where they are.
- 05-1 Street Lights >> I didn't like the lack of gold here.
- 05-2 Piper >> Cramped maps aren't as fun as you'd think.
- 05-3 TOA >> This one is okay, but really boring.
- 05-4 Temple >> Without oneways this would be great.
- 06-0 In Chains >> Really fun for highscoring. Userlevel'd.
- 06-1 General Metanet >> Not that good. Really boring layout.
- 06-2 Baha Hillside >> Pretty good, but I thought that it needed another enemy.
- 06-3 Failure >> The outside parts didn't work well.
- 06-4 Thought Bubble >> Poor enemy choices. Drones would be much better.
- 07-0 Release >> Ridiculous level design. Not worth beating.
- 07-1 No Floors In This Dojo >> Awesome for highscoring. Userlevel'd.
- 07-2 Fissure >> Meh. Not a fan.
- 07-3 Balmy >> Yuck, what a boring map.
- 07-4 Out Of Chains >> Filler.
- 08-0 Oh-Eight >> Cheesy, but kinda fun.
- 08-1 Sugar and Spice >> Shitty.
- 08-2 Elegance >> I felt it could have been structured better.
- 08-3 Below The Tide >> This one got really repetitive. And not in a good way.
- 08-4 Dubbed-Eight >> Really really stupid map.
- 09-0 Ameoba >> Bad map all around.
- 09-1 Inlay >> Gimmicky as hell. Not worth highscoring.
- 09-2 Piece Out >> Make more maps like this. Userlevel'd.
- 09-3 Loading Times Are Ridiculous >> This. Race. Sucks.
- 09-4 Brutalized >> Fuck off. Lame-ass closing map.
Some good demos.