Chambers: my first mappack

Share and discuss your N map releases in this forum.

Moderator: zoasBE

which 3 levels did you like best?

level 1
21%
level 2
21%
level 3
16%
level 4
5%
level 5
No votes
level 6
5%
level 7
5%
level 8
5%
level 9
5%
level 10
16%

Total votes: 19

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/I_am_unknown

Postby hmm » 2009.08.19 (19:01)

hey guys!this is my first ever map-pack.
it consists of 10 levels(chambers), of which the first six were made by me and play tested by EdoI.
level 7, 8 and 9 were selected from my NUMA maps (the underworlds)
the final one is collab between me and EdoI

==========ENJOY=============
Attachments
Chambers.txt
(17.54 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
my first mappack is out!

I_AM_UNKNOWN

p.s:i made the entire picture. the dragon from coreldraw and the rest from adobe photoshop

Unlucky
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby WordBlamCreator » 2009.08.22 (19:03)

Gratz. I liked maps 6 and 7 a lot more than the rest... they just flowed better.
Mankind! A sesspit of hatred and lies! Fight for them then, and die for their sins!

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/da_guru

Postby da_guru » 2009.10.30 (23:06)

hey
I began going through your map-pack.
First impression: not too bad, not extremely good either.
But I think you definitely got some talent, although your still quite at the beginning...
More detailed feedback tomorrow or the day after.

I would appreciate more detailed feedback here as well, because I don't know exactly what you meant by just "cool." and you could communicate that by taking part in the poll, too.
thanks,
I'll keep my word.

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/da_guru

Postby da_guru » 2009.11.18 (16:32)

Well, after all that trouble with the forums, I'll post it right now, although I know it's just forum.easterviking.com to bridge the time in between and will be changed as soon as the old domain works again...
So, here's my feedback of each map:

1-Entry chamber
mean gausses, well-placed but combined with those drones a bit too hard. I also thought there was supposed to be a flow, but I couldn't get it.

2-Feast chamber
much better gameplay. I liked the gauss section, rocket was ...ok.

3-Trial chamber
good work, reminds me of one of those episode levels in original n game, only getting on to the lower-middle part was a bit fiddly.

4-Court chamber
my problem was, that the laserdrones could kill me before I even opened the door. All in all that was the hardest part. The part with the floorguard was a nice touch, though.

5-Execution chamber
in the beginning it was alright, but it became quite difficult, when I got the first door switches. Getting them from inside the drone is nearly impossible, because even if you get there in the right moment, the next moment you're "executed" by a gauss or other laser...but better flow than in your first.

6-Cell
getting the second switch was very hard and exhausting (if it didn't work the first time), the rest was nothing too special

7-Heavy Cell
well done, but the space the laser drone could reach was annoying. I didn't like the rough surface with the mines on top of the map. Nevertheless...

8-Control path
oh, that was relaxing after all those action maps, though I felt something was missing. For example in that wide free space surrounding the centre.

9-Control chamber
you weren't very creative with giving names, were you? But of course this doesn't affect any of my ratings. This one included a good mixture of slow (beginning) and fast (end) gameplay. The last rocket is possible to pass by, but that's really extremely hard. The laser drone was another time unnecessary, but well, not that important.

10-Omega
I liked each chamber, because they were challenging and featured diverse gameplay.But the number of them was a bit overpowering for my taste, because they all were equally tough.

so your average rating is 3.01

I hope this helps you improving your future works.
Although I criticised them, I also enjoyed playing your maps, so don't worry.

I'd now be pleased if you could give me some more detailed feedback on my pack as well:
"Pictures of a forgotten world"
thanks