Discography

Share and discuss your N map releases in this forum.

Moderator: zoasBE

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2010.12.26 (06:09)

Seventy-seven (mostly) unreleased and unseen maps which span almost four years of mapping.
Including collabs with romanic, Inspired, 29493, and lsudny, and some DDAs and tilesets.
I really hope you that like them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. <3 - Life247
userlevels.txt
v1.0 (20 downloads)
v1.1 Slightly revised.
(131.52 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Play some of them on NUMA: http://www.nmaps.net/browse?q=discograp ... %3Alife247
Last edited by aids on 2011.04.17 (10:32), edited 16 times in total.

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Sunset » 2010.12.26 (16:28)

terrible mappack. stop mapping. I hate you.

I liked Centrifugal Force

Plus (Size) Member
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Wizard2

Postby bugz » 2011.04.09 (11:09)

I played this sometime back, though I didn't comment; if I were as free as I used to be, I would be producing a more intimate analysis of this pack, but here are some quick thoughts, mostly off topic;
1. I'm guessing that you're into "aesthetically pleasing" mapping, while I'm now in an e-tile jumper phase ('gravity-heavy' maps) and experiencing mapper's block. In real life i've been drawing standard rectangular mazes during boring lessons in school and playing tetris occasionally.
2. I adore krusch, yahoozy (their styles) and skypanda (often quite technical) maps. sept's style is oddly fun. I've realised that maps are just another form of communication; but i feel that the legacy left behind by consistently good mappers can be stifling when we submit a map only to have it compared to older, 'better' ones; e.g. Clifty becoming my standard for telling good ddas apart from bad ddas.
3. I enjoyed maps like "A walk through the woods" and "turpentine surprise ii"; they were creative and simple - i think the latter influenced me in making 'cube mode'. :)
4. I've said this on numa more than once but i've been slacking off in school this year and need to catch up...i should quit N for a while.

Admin
Admin
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Aidiera :3
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby aids » 2011.04.09 (11:33)

bugz wrote:I played this sometime back, though I didn't comment; if I were as free as I used to be, I would be producing a more intimate analysis of this pack, but here are some quick thoughts, mostly off topic;
1. I'm guessing that you're into "aesthetically pleasing" mapping, while I'm now in an e-tile jumper phase ('gravity-heavy' maps) and experiencing mapper's block. In real life i've been drawing standard rectangular mazes during boring lessons in school and playing tetris occasionally.
2. I adore krusch, yahoozy (their styles) and skypanda (often quite technical) maps. sept's style is oddly fun. I've realised that maps are just another form of communication; but i feel that the legacy left behind by consistently good mappers can be stifling when we submit a map only to have it compared to older, 'better' ones; e.g. Clifty becoming my standard for telling good ddas apart from bad ddas.
3. I enjoyed maps like "A walk through the woods" and "turpentine surprise ii"; they were creative and simple - i think the latter influenced me in making 'cube mode'. :)
4. I've said this on numa more than once but i've been slacking off in school this year and need to catch up...i should quit N for a while.
I also agree that aesthetics are as important to me as tech specs. Yahoozy has definitely been an inspiration to be, both in style and function. But It's not really that simple. I connect through N to all of you guys, it's how I have learned to express myself. DDAs are as much of an art to me as music. And I'm sure as shit Clifty (in his prime) thought so too. I will post both of those maps on NUMA soon. And take it from me, you don't want to enter your twenties unemployed, unenrolled, and living with your parents. Focus on school, but don't forget to give yourself time to enjoy life. I didn't focus, and look where I ended up. :/

//--^.^--\\
\\.:.^.:.//