NReality Main Thread: 6g2 with IRC is up

Talk about Unreality's Dronie winning N 1.4 mod, NReality, here!
Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.04.25 (03:40)

sorry because of the land battleing system, I have removed the feature of auto submitting to speedrun scoreboard when you submit a highscore run

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/cucumber_boy
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby kkstrong » 2009.04.25 (05:13)

:[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
~~Download Modmaster: My NReality Mod Helping App~~
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

Beyond a Perfect Math Score
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Nexx
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby Nexx » 2009.04.25 (07:14)

Unreality wrote:sorry because of the land battleing system, I have removed the feature of auto submitting to speedrun scoreboard when you submit a highscore run
Land battling system? Wha?

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.04.25 (07:51)

here's a map showing how drone acts as a timer to trigger things by triggering area trigger

http://nmaps.net/164902

land battling system: http://n.infunity.com/land.php

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby bhz » 2009.04.25 (17:57)

Unreality wrote:sorry because of the land battleing system, I have removed the feature of auto submitting to speedrun scoreboard when you submit a highscore run
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
PLEASE re-implement this
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

Vampire Salesman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/neil_bryan

Postby Neil_Bryan » 2009.04.28 (03:29)

I have a request for NReality...

Can you please next time, don't make the ninja get more easily killed when falling? Even in low heights, it gets killed easily.
Names of Towns

Longest: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Shortest: Y

OMG THIS IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not)

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.04.28 (05:41)

Neil_Bryan wrote:I have a request for NReality...

Can you please next time, don't make the ninja get more easily killed when falling? Even in low heights, it gets killed easily.
It is the same as original N

I believe you have played some player-mod which the ninja attribute is being modified by the map author?

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/cucumber_boy
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby kkstrong » 2009.04.28 (14:42)

yeah, the player mod could be several things.

Terminal_vel (terminal velocity, or somethin like that)

jump_grav, g, and I think there are a couple more. Check the n.Wikia page, or download Modmaster, a program I made for simplifying mmaking NReality mods.
~~Download Modmaster: My NReality Mod Helping App~~
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

Subterranean Engineer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Izzy
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Izzy » 2009.04.28 (15:01)

Whywhywhywhywhy!?

That was one of the best features. ;_;;;-w
Derived from ksktorngsig!
I don't think the universe has infinite material though, unless God makes DLC packs. - SkyPanda

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/therealone

Postby TheRealOne » 2009.04.28 (16:03)

Izzy wrote:
Whywhywhywhywhy!?

QFT
<@Izzy> Holy balls, sweet run.
<@gloomp> Holy sweet, balls run.
<@Izzy> Sweet, balls run holy.
<@gloomp> Run sweet, balls holy.
<@Izzy> Sweet run, ballsy hole.
<@gloomp> All's sweet, holeb run.
<@Izzy> Ballsy nun, sweet mole.

<@Kool> bro no joke, I saw the sexiest swedish chick giving herself anal on one of those pop-up alarm-clocks at my uncle's house

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.04.28 (17:11)

TheRealOne wrote:
Izzy wrote:
Whywhywhywhywhy!?

QFT
Feature reimplemented :D it won't interfere land system so you won't claim speedrun land unintentionally

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.05.01 (20:59)

Can you make the tiledrones tile-placing a bit more streamlined?

As you can see, this cannot be executed well because the tile drones drop tiles later then they should.
spoiler

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.02 (02:34)

BionicCryonic wrote:Can you make the tiledrones tile-placing a bit more streamlined?

As you can see, this cannot be executed well because the tile drones drop tiles later then they should.
unfortunately it can't be more steamline

maybe you can make the radius of the drone = 0, and _alpha = 0, then the player won't see it at all and won't able to touch it at all

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.05.02 (03:33)

Unreality wrote:
BionicCryonic wrote:Can you make the tiledrones tile-placing a bit more streamlined?

unfortunately it can't be more steamline

maybe you can make the radius of the drone = 0, and _alpha = 0, then the player won't see it at all and won't able to touch it at all
The effect I'm going for is a moving/expanding gap, so making it like that would chop it up to an intense degree. Thanks for the feedback though. Bio is off to try something new.
spoiler

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/MyCheezKilledYours
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby Cheez » 2009.05.03 (19:33)

Hey unreality, could you explain to me please how to do Triggers?

I had: rockydrone^^1,doorkey,doorkey

I'm confuzzled. :[
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

<Torex> Is there any possible way for me to get mod-ship in the community?
<Izzy> You can be an FF6 Miniboss!

<@Izzy> van prefers it long.

<kuri> is your brother a guy cheez

Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/exuberance

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.07 (17:28)

<_< Nreality thought I was speedhacking....

...I wasn't even playing highscore levels. I was testing my level in Ned (and it was running at normal (for Vista) speed) o.O Luckily, I saved it multiple times, as I always do (you get used to it when you play even slightly oldish games like Age of Empires 2 on Vista). How exactely does Nreality check for cheating? My framerate was normal (rapidly switching between 8 and 14 ms/frame) and I have no different background processes than I normally do (not that Flash can detect that anyways). Is there any way to go BACK to the game, or does it just stay like that until you close it?
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
Comic Activity-O-Meter: (how often I'm updating my comic)
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
+ Loitering: Like comatose, but for short amount of times.
- Turtling (Loitering/Semi-Active): Really slooooww updates
+ Semi-Active: One every 2 weeks...ish?
- Quasi-Active (Semi-Active/Active): Averaging about 2 comics every 3 weeks
+ Active: Loosely defined status, but about a weekly update
- Over-Active (Active/Power-leveling): About 2 comics a week
+ Power-leveling: About 3 comics a week. Possible a schedule, possibly not
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.08 (02:50)

Exüberance just restart your NReality.

It is just due to the fact that NReality is way too sensitive to any change of program running speed. Sometimes the cpu lagged a millisecond and NReality recorded that millisecond. And the lag accumulates as time goes by. When you opened NReality for quite some time, the lag accumulated to an extent that it thinks that you maybe speedhacking.

I'm sorry but NReality has to be that sensitive in order to block speedhacking in short levels

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.08 (17:50)

Unreality wrote:Exüberance just restart your NReality.

It is just due to the fact that NReality is way too sensitive to any change of program running speed. Sometimes the cpu lagged a millisecond and NReality recorded that millisecond. And the lag accumulates as time goes by. When you opened NReality for quite some time, the lag accumulated to an extent that it thinks that you maybe speedhacking.

I'm sorry but NReality has to be that sensitive in order to block speedhacking in short levels
Can't you make it reset it's speedhack checking if it's running at normal speed for a certain time, so it will only kick you if it slows down repeatedly or for a slightly longer time? It's usually okay (I was trying to beat MTI for a while and it never crashed (though come to think of it I might have been using normal N then), but if something like a virus scanner starts it can mess up what you're doing)
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Oops Pow Surprise

Postby Cheez » 2009.05.08 (22:51)

Could someone answer my question?

I found out it goes after the door code, but I'm still confused.
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

The 700 Club

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.05.08 (22:58)

MyCheezKilledYours wrote:Could someone answer my question?

I've got no professional advice, but try studying this code:

spoiler

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.09 (04:11)

MyCheezKilledYours wrote:Could someone answer my question?

http://n.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_NReality_Mods

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.09 (10:57)

Exüberance wrote:Can't you make it reset it's speedhack checking if it's running at normal speed for a certain time, so it will only kick you if it slows down repeatedly or for a slightly longer time?
since I don't risk of leaving any possible weak point on the speedhack detection system, and plus I'm lazy and plus it's better to put my time on other NReality feature so I guess your request will be on pending status XD

Oops Pow Surprise

Postby Cheez » 2009.05.09 (13:03)

Thanks, BioCryo. The code helped. Basically, you set a number to the startTrigger, and then when you get the doorkey, it activates all items with a startTrigger of 1, right?

exüber: Thanks for trying to help, but I already had that in a WordPad document. I was trying to say that I couldn't understand what it was explaining. :/
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/golfkid

Postby golf » 2009.05.09 (19:40)

Unreality, I may have said something about this a long time ago (as in probably last year), but I don't remember if I did or if it never made it out of my mind. Is it possible to put the scrolling text in the top-left corner of NED like it does in Metanet's v1.4? I find that I miss the text that tells me that the level is loaded, and the demo is recording when I play a level in NReality's NED. I hope this makes enough sense.

Thanks
[16:24] <@golfkid> I'm pretty sure I will literally scream if I die on the last column of 78-4 at this point
[16:25] <trance> Oh, yeah. That level.
[16:29] <@golfkid> lol
[16:30] <@golfkid> It looks so simple
[16:30] <@golfkid> But it says "NO! I will rape your sanity!"
spoiler

My Accomplishments:
Completed N; Completed Nreality on 4/11/08
598 top 20 scores in N 1.4 as of 6/28/14 (498 level scores, 100 episode scores, 2nd position in top 20 rankings); reached 100 on 12/14/2008; 300 (half of all possible :D) on 11/9/2009; 400 on 12/2/2011; max of 598 on 2/3/2013; tied for 0th in top 20 rankings on 2/26-27/13

4 current v1.4 0ths (9th position in 0th rankings); First v1.4 0th: 63-3 at 1:20 pm, 3/24/2008

current level score: 71079.200 (6th position all time); 60k seconds on v1.4 6/17/08; 12th to 70k at 11:30pm EST, 12/24/2011; 6th to 71k at 5:50 pm EST, 9/29/2012

current episode score: 34276.650 (4th position all time); 100k seconds total level score (Metanet and NReality) on 2/4/08

participation and contest winner images

[quote="ska on my 129-1 innovation"]I thought about that but couldn't chimeny fast enough when trying. Congrats[/quote]

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.10 (03:14)

...? what scrolling text?