NReality Main Thread: 6g2 with IRC is up

Talk about Unreality's Dronie winning N 1.4 mod, NReality, here!
Lifer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EdoI
MBTI Type: INTJ

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.10 (14:19)

Loading Level:
Loading Map
Loading Objects
-demo playback started..
-demo playback stopped.
====[N]====
I miss this too.

The maximum possible score in one turn at darts.
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/

Postby bhz » 2009.05.10 (21:09)

EdoI wrote:
Loading Level:
Loading Map
Loading Objects
-demo playback started..
-demo playback stopped.
====[N]====
I miss this too.
It would be useful to see what enemy we were killed by (especially for ddas)
and I loved that "you were killed by yourself.....loooooser!!!!!"
<Izzy> Who are you?
<Meta> I'm meta?
( #n-highscores )

Bayking
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/exuberance

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.11 (22:25)

Suggestion!
Copy the currently-impossible-to-get-unless-you-won demo data to the clipboard when you press R to replay in userlevels/NUMA mode. Currently, the only way to get your demo is if you won the level, but if you had an epic demo but then died, you get nothing. If you play in debug, you can do this but you must remember to press 2, 1 each time, must reload the map, and you can't submit scores that way

Also remove the feature that "fixes" "corrupt" map data when you go into edit mode, so that way it doesn't remove NReality stuff.
Last edited by unoriginal name on 2009.05.12 (22:44), edited 1 time in total.
Reason: That yellow was mighty hard to see in Cobalt, so I darkened it. Hope you don't mind.
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
Comic Activity-O-Meter: (how often I'm updating my comic)
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
+ Loitering: Like comatose, but for short amount of times.
- Turtling (Loitering/Semi-Active): Really slooooww updates
+ Semi-Active: One every 2 weeks...ish?
- Quasi-Active (Semi-Active/Active): Averaging about 2 comics every 3 weeks
+ Active: Loosely defined status, but about a weekly update
- Over-Active (Active/Power-leveling): About 2 comics a week
+ Power-leveling: About 3 comics a week. Possible a schedule, possibly not
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.12 (01:00)

Exüberance wrote:Suggestion!
Copy the currently-impossible-to-get-unless-you-won demo data to the clipboard when you press R to replay in userlevels/NUMA mode. Currently, the only way to get your demo is if you won the level, but if you had an epic demo but then died, you get nothing.

not really. NReality support dead demo. Hold shift forever when you replay your dead demo

Exüberance wrote: Also remove the feature that "fixes" "corrupt" map data when you go into edit mode, so that way it doesn't remove NReality stuff.

It's not a feature. It's the problem of original Ned. I haven't touched the codes in Ned yet.

for the loading
I will check it

Beyond a Perfect Math Score
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Nexx

Postby Nexx » 2009.05.12 (05:38)

Unreality wrote:not really. NReality support dead demo. Hold shift forever when you replay your dead demo
Could you elaborate? I'm holding shift when replaying the death demo but it's not doing anything. Is this a new feature with 6d4?

Albany, New York
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/cucumber_boy
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/
MBTI Type: ESTP

Postby kkstrong » 2009.05.12 (07:26)

when you die in a demo on a NUMA map in userlevels, if you want the death demo data, hold down shift while replaying the data. The longer the demo, the longer the wait time, so be prepared to wait for a long time.
~~Download Modmaster: My NReality Mod Helping App~~
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

Postby Nexx » 2009.05.12 (18:01)

kkstrong wrote:when you die in a demo on a NUMA map in userlevels, if you want the death demo data, hold down shift while replaying the data. The longer the demo, the longer the wait time, so be prepared to wait for a long time.
Oh, that's interesting! I kept thinking the window popping up because I was doing something wrong (I never just let it load to see what it was). Thanks!

And it seemed to work best if I started holding down shift right when I pressed R (so Shift + R, then let go of R).

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.12 (23:54)

Bug: Custom icons fail to update with the object's position for objects that normally do not move (ie, mine + custom path + icon = fail)

It does properly updates for drones, however

EDIT: 2 1 more possible bugs
- mods do not work in userlevels (they load as normal N would load them)They seem to work now. I must have formatted somethign wrong somehow
- replays only work for actual userlevels, not playing NUMA levels in the userlevels sectionH'uh. It's working now too. That was very strange o.O

Also, how the heck do you get playermods to work with area triggers?

And a suggestion:
Add a new textbox (you won't need to actually modify anything this way) to Ned, which never clears itself (it shouldn't do this since it's a new addition) and appends whatever text it contains to the end of the level data when you leave edit mode. This would solve the problem of dissapearing playermods and such, and so long as you place special enemies at the end, no more dissapearing objects! This would be a HUGE help since I wouldn't have to keep copy-pasting from notepad, hoping I don't paste the wrong thing, and it would be extremely easy to implement. All you have to do is find where it "prints" the map data, add a single line of code, then make sure that the text boxs appears/disappears whith the other ones.

The only problem would be that objects with triggers and paths aren't deleted, so you'd end up with extra objects, but I guess then you would just use this feature for things that dissapear. Playermods, objectmods, background, foreground, ...
Last edited by Exüberance on 2009.05.14 (16:13), edited 3 times in total.
ExüberNewsFeed: Exuberance is mostly <AFF> (Away From Forums) for a while, though I may still participate in epic contests/threads. When I return, I shall bring several comic updates (enough to finish season 1) and hopefully 1 or 2 games- at least one of which is N-related
(Click here to see what each level and half-level means in terms of updates per time period)

NOTE: If I just add a bunch of comics in one day, but plan on going back to normal after that, I probably won't update the status.
+ Dead: Canceled. Done. Maybe you'll get a random comic like once a year, but it's pretty much done.
- Zombie (Dead/Comatose): The comic is probably done regular updates forever, but I'll probably still add something once in a blue moon. It's still POSSIBLE, that I'll raise the status up, but not very likely. Maybe I'll have a comicplosion for like a week, then go back to being dead
+ Comatose: Complete stand-by. No (or very few) updates for some amount of time, but the comic's far from being over
- <AFK> (Comatose/Loitering): Stand-by, but you might possibly count on a few updates once and a while. Again, this is temporary
- Über-Epic (Power-leveling/COMICPLOSION!!): In some cases, this may actually be mean updates more frequently than COMICPLOSION!!, but I'm defining this level as a non-organized comic rush, kind of like a few days after my comic started
+ COMICPLOSION!!: Daily updates for a minimum of 5 days (since the daily updates started. It remains at this status until the 5, 7, whatever days are done)

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." ~Albert Einstein
My N+ Vector Sprite Sheet ::: My Caption Contest ::: My Comic :::Puzzles of the Exuberant ::: DEFEND YOUR NINJA: THE FLASH GAME (Release Date TBA)
Exüberance on WoW
Maps in the Fernat Epic (so far): (meh, let's put this in a spoiler too. My sig's gettin too big. I'm such a packrat :p)

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Oops Pow Surprise
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/MyCheezKilledYours
MBTI Type: INFJ

Postby Cheez » 2009.05.13 (21:51)

Exüberance wrote:- mods do not work in userlevels (they load as normal N would load them)
Mods do too work in userlevels. The NReality Pack works just fine for me.
| last.fm | NUMA | RYM |

<Torex> Is there any possible way for me to get mod-ship in the community?
<Izzy> You can be an FF6 Miniboss!

<@Izzy> van prefers it long.

<kuri> is your brother a guy cheez

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.05.14 (01:29)

NrealityPack mention! =D

Also, that appending box would really help. Like, a lot.

EDIT: I found a really strange mod. Check it out, use rockets.
spoiler

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.21 (06:59)

nreality server is down, i will fix it once I back home

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.21 (12:36)

it's up

Why Was Six Afraid of Seven? Because...
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/999_Springs

Postby 999_Springs » 2009.05.22 (19:09)

I've found some bugs on n.infunity.com...
1. The episode 0th table has the column headings above the wrong columns;
2. Typing in episode/level numbers into the textboxes on the speedrun/underclock top20s redirects to highscore;
3. Hovering your mouse cursor over the "SHARE" button before the page loads leads to chaos;
4. Sometimes the menu bar won't load and you have to hover your mouse cursor over the "SHARE" button to get it to load (but you have to wait for the rest of the page to load first - see #3).

It doesn't detect multiaccounting, right? It seems to me that everything from *7th (gza) downwards on userlevel 10880 is a bit... well, suspicious.

Oh, and one observation: I could make my way up to 4th on the highscore level 0th top, but once I'm there, the only way is down...
Achievements:

Completed N and NReality.
106 N v1.4 highscores.
I used to maintain 1000 NReality Level Top20 Highscores - Ranked 0th
Former Owner of Episode 169, way back when.
I've taken 10 Metanet 0ths. 6 of them lasted <2 days. I don't have any of them anymore. >:(
Third Place in BLUR 4 highscore.
Not highscoring anymore until v2.

EddyMataGallos is an alien.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/BionicCryonic

Postby Yoshimo » 2009.05.23 (02:22)

Anyone want to find some cool mods with me? We could help the community and have fun.

I might compile some of my cooler mods to start us off.
spoiler

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.23 (05:18)

999_Springs wrote:I've found some bugs on n.infunity.com...
1. The episode 0th table has the column headings above the wrong columns;
2. Typing in episode/level numbers into the textboxes on the speedrun/underclock top20s redirects to highscore;
fixed
999_Springs wrote: 3. Hovering your mouse cursor over the "SHARE" button before the page loads leads to chaos;
4. Sometimes the menu bar won't load and you have to hover your mouse cursor over the "SHARE" button to get it to load (but you have to wait for the rest of the page to load first - see #3).
um.. I don't wanna spend time of fixing the javascript now...
999_Springs wrote:It doesn't detect multiaccounting, right? It seems to me that everything from *7th (gza) downwards on userlevel 10880 is a bit... well, suspicious.
I think it doesn't really affect anything yet... btw plue pipiman chim t-in-t speed dennis huhn murad zerba gza loli all have the same IP

999_Springs wrote:Oh, and one observation: I could make my way up to 4th on the highscore level 0th top, but once I'm there, the only way is down...
guess I can do nothing about this? but I do think you have the potential to get much more 0ths

Bayking

Postby Exüberance » 2009.05.23 (13:24)

BionicCryonic wrote:Anyone want to find some cool mods with me? We could help the community and have fun.

I might compile some of my cooler mods to start us off.
Here's some I made (though I've only used 2 (the *'d ones):

«Spacemod» Plan on using this one soon. You have no air resistance and almost no gravity. Enough gravity so you can still run and walk, but it takes a looong time to accelerate to any significant speed.
|||||g,0.0001;normGrav,0.0001;normDrag,1;d,1;maxspeedAir,999;maxspeedGround,999;

«Realmod» I also plan on using this in a puzzle, depending on how workable the mod is. It's more realistic: you can't turn in midair (well, in real life you can, but not in a normal jump :D), you can't run quite as fast, your jump is somewhat realistic. Not so ninja anymore!
|||||g,0.3;normGrav,0.3;airAccel,0;jumpGrav,0.3;jumpAmt,1.75;jump_y_bias,1.75;normDrag,0.9975;

«BlockPuzzleMod*» You die from falling farther than 4 blocks, you can only jump (from a flat surface) just over 1 tile, you cannot walljump or wallslide. GREAT for puzzles! Used it in this map.
|||||noWallJump,1;noWallSlide,1;jumpGrav,0.1;normGrav,0.3;g,0.3;max_jump_time,15;

«SonicMod*» This is the playermod I use for my sonic levels. Fun!
|||||terminal_vel,10000;groundAccel,0.195;airAccel,0.15;maxspeedGround,20;maxspeedAir,20;noWallJump,1;noWallSlide,1;

Would appreciate credit if you use these exact playermods, but it's not really that big of a deal. It's just game settings. Not that hard for 2 people to seperately come up with similar mods.

Also, Unreality, any plans to maybe implement that text box thing I was talking about? Should be real easy to do but it will be a really big help.

Exüberance on WoW

Nmaps.netNmaps.net

Lifer

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.29 (15:03)

Umm, Unreality, did something happened to the server? All of my scores are gone. Except for NUMA maps, where I think I've lost some of the scores, I've got only 19 of them right now.

EDIT: Forget about this above, I was looking at speedruns. : )

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.29 (15:51)

n.infunity.com will have a server maintenance in 30 May 09 from 12:00 noon to 9:00pm Hong Kong time, that is G.M.T+8

what's for? for replacing a new and faster ISP :D

Lifer

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.29 (21:08)

Hey Unreality, why doesn't the Refresh List button work?

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.30 (02:39)

EdoI wrote:Hey Unreality, why doesn't the Refresh List button work?
cause it will mess the load numa map function up

Damn You're Fine

Postby Unreality » 2009.05.30 (13:12)

Server ISP changed, please tell me the server loading speed, thanks ;)

Albany, New York

Postby kkstrong » 2009.05.30 (14:33)

It took me ~5 seconds to load n.infunity.com
spoiler

~~Quotes~~
golfkid - "I beat kk on his map, and he got me within 6 seconds, then I did it again and he beat me in 12 seconds."

blue_tetris - "kkstrong was nothing, alot of people stood in his way, and he just fought against adversity, he learned he lived, and he was admin at nmaps.net for a while. He is a great mapper, and ya know, thats why he is on the short list for the mod pick."

Pheidi -" Despite a mapper's best efforts, highscorers will always find a way to defy his intentions."

Postby Nexx » 2009.05.30 (18:06)

~3-4 seconds.

Lifer

Postby EdoI » 2009.05.30 (20:04)

~4-5 secs on 1536kbps download speed.

Albany, New York

Postby kkstrong » 2009.06.01 (01:50)

So.... It's about the same speed as it was...
spoiler

~~Quotes~~