Post ideas on the storyline for N

Babble about your incredible affections of ninja puzzle platformers here.

Moderators: raigan, Mare

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2015.01.12 (22:57)

Good, bad and ugly. And they don't have to be limited by features N game has currently
Last edited by james_S on 2015.01.13 (01:06), edited 1 time in total.
The 'n Tower' was not built in a day. There were some remakes

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2015.01.12 (23:12)

The 'cosmic 2D world' ninja could have amazing foresight and an ability to see through walls and such (which would explain why the controller of the ninja i.e the player can see the whole setting) and of course has a penchant for gold (which is actually stored special energy that increases ninjas wellbeing). 'Aliens' keep their gold stored securely but sometimes the ninjas break through and steal it, unfortunately for the aliens the skills the ninjas possess make them very hard to catch -therefore they made a plan to seduce the ninjas into survivable traps (some built completely by aliens themselves some using existing 'cosmic' terrain) and ninjas take that chance gambling that they can make it out with some gold and not be killed.
Reg the ninja's lifespan, it could be that this is all happening in a space where it is not possible to breathe (the space where aliens store their special gold). The ninja can use that gold instead of air. In this space there are natural portholes/wormholes which the aliens use for transport etc, hence build their bases around them. Those would be the 'exits'. The ninja has the technology to cause a small one way porthole through which it can reach those places but it can only transport its body and not any kit -therefore relies on the wormhole 'exits' to escape by being able to choose different destinations once it gets inside it (i.e not like a single corridor wormhole).
There is no reincarnation which M&R mention -restart level is just for gameplay purposes
This leaves the issue of side walls...
Last edited by james_S on 2015.01.13 (19:48), edited 2 times in total.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/zoasBE

Postby zoasBE » 2015.01.13 (07:09)

You're stoned, right?
[align=center]ZOAS © VODKAS © THE23 © INSATIABLEEEE!!![/align][/font][/color]
just as friends as enemies
even fewer friends

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2015.01.13 (16:59)

Is that like another insult Zoasbe?

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/zoasBE

Postby zoasBE » 2015.01.13 (22:16)

An insult? No, no, really far from that, just curiosity, sorry.

Another? I don't really know what you mean.

Drunk, drugged, on high, hallucinating, I do not really care, I just want to know what the fuck did you smoke and if you tell me where you bought it? But seriously, why all those aliens, whormholes, cosmic worlds and all that?
[align=center]ZOAS © VODKAS © THE23 © INSATIABLEEEE!!![/align][/font][/color]
just as friends as enemies
even fewer friends

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2015.01.14 (04:51)

yeah, hook us up man!

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2015.01.14 (22:50)

Lolll well I wasn't the first person to wonder who would own the drones etc. In reply to Zoasbe, well you do seem to show ur annoyances about me remaking maps and etc on NUMA. I admit I didn't have a good start, especially when I made a remake of that mass collab. I regret that, that wasn't social, I should've published remade bits separately if anything..

Cowboy Magician

Postby james_S » 2015.01.15 (13:48)

Ps. the wormhole the ninja creates could be treated as a window also -the ninja doesn't have to pass through, it can just do reconnaissance. That cant be done with the natural wormhole (the exit). The reason why the ninja doesn't use the 'exit' to enter the space (after already having carried out reconnaissance to make sure it is safe enough) is er.. the exit button which is an authorisation device which picks up a signal (key code) by an alien vessel and opens the gates built around the wormhole. Those gates are not built only against threat of ninjas however the aliens realised they can place it anywhere to add to the challenge for ninjas. Cosmic ninjas are rare and the more killed (sry to say) the better for the aliens, even if it is just the weaker/more reckless ones.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065412229/
MBTI Type: INFP

Postby Sendy » 2016.09.25 (23:32)

I always find N is a bit like the movie Cube. It's just an endless maze of deathtraps, and the gold is food for the ninja. Perhaps it's some kind of training or clone selection process. The drones and other enemies move in predictable patterns, cultivating strategy and good reflexes. Just like in Cube we know nothing of the outside world. Perhaps in the hypothetical "end" (which we never reach via gameplay), the ninja emerges as the ultimate biological weapon for purposes unknown.

Or maybe it's just a platform game stripped down and finely honed to the level of sport.