LOCKDOWN (a new highscoring contest for everyone!)

Keep track of on-going contests and discuss about highscores/routes/techniques.

Moderator: EddyMataGallos

Smoothest Taint in the West
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/ska
Steam: www.steamcommunity.com/id/

Postby ska » 2020.03.25 (06:38)

Time to blow the dust off your keyboard, guys!

It’s time for…

LOCKDOWN is a brand-new cross-platform competition for players of the three major N iterations, including 1.4, 2.0, and N++.

The premise of this competition is fairly straightforward, aiming to make the most of mandatory lockdowns that are currently taking place all over the world due to COVID-19. The timeline for this isn’t fixed, but I expect it to go until this whole pandemic thing blows over.

Here is how players can earn points:

Pay attention, because this is important: Points for 0ths will only be awarded to the registered player who finishes with a 0th by the end of lockdown. However, top-10s and top-20s need only be achieved, not secured, by the end of lockdown. Here’s the kicker: Points from 0th scores will jackpot depending on how many individual players achieved the 0th in the lead-up to the final holder; this will be documented in a Google Docs spreadsheet so any competitor can check it at any time, and you’ll even be able to sort by points, date of acquisition, and even by the amount of people who have contested a given 0th. As an example of how the multiplier works, if a 1.4 speedrun goes through four sets of hands (including the first person to post the score), the player who ends up with the 0th by the end of lockdown will received 1,000 points instead of the standard 250 points. How many times this goes back and forth is inconsequential; the only thing that matters is the number of registered players who were involved in the battle. This is to reward competition and incentivise the defence of your 0th.

Ready to join? Cool. Please follow these rules.

1) Firstly, please register in this forum or via Discord PM to either Eddy or myself. I prefer you register it here, but Discord is fine. There is no deadline on registration.

2) Don’t cheat. It should go without saying, but there is to be no speedhacking, pause-exploiting, or anything else that would bring the competition into disrepute. Eddy or I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who’s suspected of breaching these rules. All N 1.4 runs must be submitted using NReality. You can download it here.

3) N++ runs may be submitted on any console! Just remember that whether a score is classified as a 0th will depend on where it ranks on the PC version of the game. If a score is tied with 10th, it will not count as a top-10 for this competition, nor will a tied 0th count as a 0th for this competition. You can compete using any or all mediums; there are no restrictions.

4) No multi-accounting or forging alliances to exploit the competition. While the effectiveness of this will be mitigated by the fact that only the person holding the 0th will be awarded the points, I just want to make this perfectly clear.

5) Tied 0ths do not count as 0ths as far as this competition is concerned; the 0th must be an outright 0th. Any top-10, top-20, or 0th counts so long as it is new; it doesn’t matter if you already had one, just long as it is new. I’m relying on honesty here, although anyone caught exploiting this will be disqualified, so please only submit legitimate entries that were new.

6) Scores will be kept in a Google Docs file. If you take a 0th that a competitor has already submitted in this competition, please mark your entry with an asterisk (*) so I know to add it to the file correctly and ensure you get full points. Scores are only recognised if you post here on this forum thread or on the #contests Discord channel. Please do not PM or DM runs. If posting on the #contests channel, please format it like this: LD: 239163 hs. This is shorthand for LOCKDOWN: Numa level 239163 highscore. It just makes it easier to sort things out. The Google Docs master list will be updated at least twice daily. 239163 is the bonus level I made especially for this contest. If you were to take a 0th on this level off someone else, you'd mark it as LD: 239163 hs*. Simply use sr to denote speedrun.

7) Only one category per run can be claimed for points. For example, a new 0th would only count as a 0th insofar as points are concerned; you wouldn't get additional points for the top-20 as well.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch. Please share this around so we can get as much competition as possible.

Prizes: I am planning on setting up some prizes, but the real prize here is prestige and glory. Eddy and I may also compete to help stimulate competition.

P.S. Does anyone else get a bug in Google Chrome that logs them out whenever they try to make a post or navigate pages? Just me? Doesn't happen on Opera (for instance).

P.S.S. Please let me know if I made any typos or mistakes.

If you ain't first, you're last!
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/EddyMataGallos

Postby EddyMataGallos » 2020.03.28 (21:02)

This is a nice idea to encourage some competition and highscoring across the boards. Most of the activity is going to take place in the Discord server, as most of the active community hangs there nowadays. Therefore that's the place you should probably keep an eye on the most ;)

For those still unaware, the server is nplusplus.
ImageImage
Impressive flag by ska -|- N2High - My software for N2.0 -|- Awesome sig by Hendor
About me & Stats (Spoiler)

Hi, im Eddy, a Spanish highscorer and current Grandmaster of N. I've been playing N since 2006, I beat it on the 8th September 2008, and NReality later too. Started intermittently highscoring Metanet in 2010, although serious highscoring started in late 2011.

Current Stats
• Completed N on 8th Sept. 2008
• Completed NReality on 24th Dec. 2010
0th Place on Metanet 0th Rankings with 443 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Top20 Rankings with 599 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Top10 Rankings with 599 Scores.
1st Place on Metanet Top5 Rankings with 595 Scores.
0th Place on Metanet Level 0th Rankings with 361 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Episode 0th Rankings with 82 0ths.
0th Place on Metanet Total Level Score: 72142.900 (20:02:22.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Episode Score: 35669.900 (09:54:29.900)
0th Place on Metanet Total Point Rankings with 11669 Points.
0th Place in NReality 0th Rankings with 235 0ths.
0th Place for a grand total of 676 Total 0ths.
• Winner of some contests (BUST, 100, 9000, Bounty Hunters, SOAST) and of some rounds of some contests (ROPP, NErratic, Red Ball, NReality Team Arena)

{Info as of 01/Feb/2015} The info may be outdated.

Achievements
• 6th highscorer to reach 100 Metanet 0ths
• 4th highscorer to reach 200 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 300 Metanet 0ths
• 1st and only highscorer to reach 400 Metanet 0ths
• 8th ever Grandmaster
• 2nd* highscorer to reach 599 top-20 Scores
• 1st highscorer to reach 599 top-10 Scores
• 10th highscorer to reach 70k Level Score
• 5th highscorer to reach 71k Level Score
• 2nd highscorer to reach 71.5k Level Score
• 1st highscorer to reach 72k Level Score

Relevant Dates
• First 0th: 31-3 on 04/Oct/10
• Reached 100 Metanet 0ths on 25/Feb/12
• Reached 200 Metanet 0ths on 30/Sep/12
• Reached 300 Metanet 0ths on 16/Mar/13
• Reached 400 Metanet 0ths on 04/Sept/14
• Reached highest amount of 0ths on Jan/2013
• Became the Grandmaster on 12/Apr/2012
• Reached 70k Level Score on 25/Dec/11
• Reached 71k Level Score on 13/Jan/11
• Reached 71.5k Level Score on 01/Aug/12
• Reached 72k Level Score on 04/Jul/14
• Completed N 1.4 on 08/Sept/08
• Completed NReality on 24/Dec/10
• Reached 100 NReality 0ths on Oct/2011
• Reached 200 NReality 0ths on Nov/2011
• Reached 100 Top-20 Scores on Aug/10
• Reached 200 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 300 Top-20 Scores on Nov/11
• Reached 400 Top-20 Scores on Dec/11
• Reached 500 Top-20 Scores on Jan/12
• Reached 599 Top-20 Scores on 04/Apr/12
• Reached 599 Top-10 Scores on 18/Nov/12

Deds & Images (Spoiler)

Thanks to ska for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to BluePretzel for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to da_guru for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this full episode to me!: 00-0 00-100-2 00-3 00-4
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this mappack to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to runningninja for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to zoasBE for partially dedicating this map to me
Thanks to trance for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to llabesab for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Traveleravi for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to 123leonidas321 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to the23 for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Uniden for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Ors_II for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Sunset for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to blue_rocks for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Leonhard for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Daggafork for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to VODKALOVER for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to Armaghan_Ali for dedicating this map to me
Thanks to RandomDigits/SpartaX18 for dedicating this map to me
Sorry if Im missing any ded.

ImageThanks to leo.

Postby ska » 2020.05.13 (13:21)

Thanks to everyone who competed on Discord. We got ten people in, which is actually pretty good considering the lack of activity. You can read more about the results on the Wiki: https://n.fandom.com/wiki/LOCKDOWN

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: www.nmaps.net/user/Sunset
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Sunset » 2021.03.04 (03:59)

Huh

Postby ska » 2021.03.07 (05:45)

Sunset wrote: