&

What's going on with the forums? Check here for updates and ask your questions.
Demon Fisherman
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/
MBTI Type: ENTP

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.06 (02:48)

Kablizzy wrote:Dave always says things better. ;_;
My ongoing goal is to interpret-then-evolve what's been said, in a way that fosters connectivity within the social infrastructure of the community.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Intel 80486
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/epigone

Postby epigone » 2009.01.06 (05:29)

Pheidippides wrote:I agree with everything Blizz and Dave said. Solis_Team may need to ride again. Or something.
My hats off to Dave and the Blizz. You guys really are top-notch and deserve the utmost respect from the mapping community. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I personally appreciate what you guys have done and are doing for us.

And Pheidi, if you ever want to work on another Solis project with me again, only say the word. Only say the word.
Member of the Metanet Forum community since June 3rd, 2006.

The Best of Epigone

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.06 (09:11)

epigone wrote:
Pheidippides wrote:I agree with everything Blizz and Dave said. Solis_Team may need to ride again. Or something.
My hats off to Dave and the Blizz. You guys really are top-notch and deserve the utmost respect from the mapping community. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I personally appreciate what you guys have done and are doing for us.
Haha. I don't map or do stuff. I just say words.
The Real N Sex on the Xerox Space Pimp Online Super Fluffy Pack 1! Super Fluffy Pack 2! Super Crunchy Pack! Mother Thumping Impossible: 2005 MotY! Time is on My Side: 2006 PMotY! Survival map king! Best humor award! Best satire award! Best voice award! Inadvertently intimidating! Assholier than thou! Gdubs is totally back! WIS 14! Cyberzone creator! Clique creator! Most lines on IRC! Ventrilo moderator and regular! Certified Dungeon Master! Most modest person ever! ENTP! Incorrigible alcoholic! CHA 19! AMERICAN! Least pretentious! Elitist extraordinaire! Liberal libertarian! Incapable of experiencing love! Check Safe! Commodore of the Eldritch Seas! Archmagus of the Eleventh Hall! Sheriff of the Uncharted West! Godfather of the IRC Mafia! Pun enthusiast! Quadster! Challenging Dunbar's number! Wikipedian!Approves of 4th Edition! 1,000 Blank White Cards! radio_free_tetris! Migratory! INT 18! Doesn't know when he's being genuine, therefore cannot form lasting relationships with people! Really into black chicks! Even more into Indian chicks and Blasians! Hates moderators! Loves the C word! Tronster! Thinks we should play more Worms! Always wins iSketch! Owns a Wii! Plays as Pikachu in Smash Bros! Wrote literotica! Wrote anime fanfic! Sorta into Asians! Lived and loved the 80's and 90's! Chattiest sig! Cyberzone ][ creator! Operand of the Greater Space Pimp Continuum! Helped lead the forum move!Wizard Date! Participated in the blue_tetris takeover! Pithiest one-liners! Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass! Seems to have an invisible touch! Economist! Mario hackster! Owner of the most complex D&D campaign setting! Micromanagerial! FREEDOM is all-American! Slowly distancing! Supports the Democrats! Supports the old GOP! CATO Institute fanboy! Penn and Teller fan! Large, in charge, and on a barge! Heralded by community as genius hero! Proud yet humble recipient of the Mare & Raigan Award for 2008! CON 9! Dave of Nazareth! Communist is annoyed with me! Not half bad at images! F.Y.I. I am a medic! It's a spook house, lame ball. Too bad! Space Pimp II: Rags 2 Bitches! F.Y.I. I am a spy! Entire team is babbies! STR 10! Sorta appreciating scythe and atob again, for new reasons! Played CS:S briefly! Welcome to Nebraska! Do you think you can Live! Heist! Portrayer of the mighty 88 Shells! Joyous proprietor of the future estate of Kablizzy and blue_tetris! It's Batmen all the way up! They brought crystals to a sceince fight; that's a good way to lose your cat! Even SlappyMcGee! I'm about to run out of either primates or sexually transmitted diseases! One-upper! Toaster oven clairvoyant Mythomaniac! That's the Magic of Macy's! Half of Half! Spend all my time making love, all my love making time!

Tetris

Postby Indigo » 2009.01.06 (20:30)

wedgie wrote:
Indigo wrote:Sounds legendary!

*Downloads*

... wait, what do I even do with this!?
You play through it, and enjoy it's awesomely awesome levels.
I mean, how do I get it set-up and working? Can I just use it as-is or what?

Hawaii Five-Oh
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/condog_111
MBTI Type: ISTJ

Postby Condog » 2009.01.07 (00:23)

Indigo wrote:
wedgie wrote:
Indigo wrote:Sounds legendary!

*Downloads*

... wait, what do I even do with this!?
You play through it, and enjoy it's awesomely awesome levels.
I mean, how do I get it set-up and working? Can I just use it as-is or what?
You change the Anthology.txt file to userlevels.txt and then se it as you would any other userlevels file.

Ice Climbers are awesome. Deal with it.

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy

Postby Kablizzy » 2009.01.08 (07:18)

Anthology: The pack so big, that even we don't know what's in it!
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maximo

Postby innuendo » 2009.01.08 (14:17)

No kidding. I haven't beaten everything in there yet...and I made 1/4 of it.

NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/maximo

Postby innuendo » 2009.01.10 (20:53)

Okay, so now for the part of the release that some of you know, and most of you don't.

Tucked securely away inside of your anthology.txt file are around 450 extra previously unreleased maps. These maps are affectionately called "&" by the legacy team and represent a whole slew of things. Some of them are original versions of maps that got heavily edited before getting into the Legacy packs you already know in love, some are remakes of maps we've made for legacy with modifications to them that really makes them crazy to play, some are just new maps that we made after Zenith we had lying around and wanted to share, some are maps we wouldn't normally put into Legacy packs (like super difficult jumpers, or Boss maps) that we wanted to showcase, and many more you'll just have to explore to find out.

All in all this is our "Bonus Material" so to speak. We put a lot of effort into making Legacy great, and this is our bonus gift to all of you for playing it all these years. So get into your anthology.txt file, make a few edits to the file, and enjoy the super top secret maps that are &.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Planet_Apes-lawgiver-statue.jpg

Postby Pikman » 2009.01.11 (02:03)

Lol. I knew about this.
After all, it was even in the Readme file. Open up Anthology.txt, hit Ctrl+F, and replace [Add a dollar sign here!] with $
(If you're wondering, all the maps are hidden between 99-4 and 100-0 in the text file.)
---- // 3. What's in this Pack --------------------

Legacy: Anthology is a compilation of the first three Legacy Map Packs: Origins, Expanse, and Zenith.
These packs have been edited, renumbered, and conglomerated into a single, 1000-level pack!
The maps begin at 000-0 and end at 199-4. No significant edits were made, this pack is simply a
culmination of the past four years' work. Small tweaks were thrown in, and the pack overall
was bettered, but if you are expecting substantial changes from the Anthology pack, you will find
much the same as you found the first time you played through the packs.

This pack is meant to give everyone who loved the Legacy packs the chance to have a boxed set -
A collector's edition, if you will; And those who have never played the Legacy Packs a chance
to start anew. There will be no contest with this pack; This time, Legacy is meant to be
enjoyed fully, rather than sped through for a prize.

Also included in this pack are some neat little extras;

- Banners from the original website design
- The Original Three map-packs, as they were released
- Map Theory Statistics (Histograms, Charts, Object Counts, and more!)
- Author Lists for the Origins and Expanse levelpacks
- All of the Legacy Elite Signature Tags
- & {lots of spaces here} Congratulations! You have found Ampersand! Hidden within this archive is a special treat for those vigilant. Enjoy.

Subterranean Engineer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Izzy
MBTI Type: INTP

Postby Izzy » 2009.01.11 (02:15)

Those remixes were delicious.
Derived from ksktorngsig!
I don't think the universe has infinite material though, unless God makes DLC packs. - SkyPanda

Hawaii Five-Oh

Postby Condog » 2009.01.11 (03:00)

Oh man, that is too cool! You guys are awesome!

Wizard Dentist
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/SkyPanda

Postby SkyPanda » 2009.01.11 (12:56)

Kablizzy wrote:...the problem with the newer mapping style is that it is indeed all the same. There's no innovation on NUMA these days, ...
Each year it gets harder and harder to come up with fresh maps, but it sure as hell does happen, thanks to the amazing talent we have in this community. It's a shame you think otherwise, there's been some truly awesome mappers and truly awesome maps this year. '08 was great!

I think that things are much the same as they've always been. (wow skypanda, what a boring opinion, so uncontroversial). Same variety of maps. Same variety of talents. Same variety of styles. Maps today are no less and no more anything than the maps from the early years of NUMA. Different styles and types of maps go in and out of fashion, but year by year there's always been similar proportions of variety. Look around, there will be heaps of people making metanet-esque maps. That's why its a bit weird to say "the newer mapping style". There's no such thing.

Also, this is random, but I love metanet maps. Its difficult to compare them to NUMA maps, because with the metanet maps, there's the extra elements of time, episodes, trying to unlock more things, etc. All that is part of what makes the metanet maps great.

Well you did ask for more rants.. ;) So I hope you enjoyed this anti-rant:P

Octave
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/tktktk

Postby tktktk » 2009.01.12 (03:36)

It's hard to say if it's better or worse, but the Numa community is definitely different from the way it was in the early days. It's gotten a little more cynical, but it also reaches into styles that might have been a little too strange a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm very happy with how Anthology and Ampersand turned out. We all worked incredibly hard on it for the past few months, so it's truly satisfying to finally have people downloading and playing it - especially now that Ampersand is officially out in the open. I'm not sure if you guys realize it, but although Ampersand was a secret "bonus" pack, at 450 maps it's also the biggest we've ever done. It has maps that didn't quite make earlier packs, original versions of maps that did make it in, remixes, and of course hundreds of brand new maps, including a sort of 10-map extension to the final episode of Anthology. Please enjoy Ampersand as thoroughly as you would if it were a stand-alone release.

Thanks for the support guys, and as always, look forward to more projects from the Legacy Team in the future!

Proud member of the Legacy Team.

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.12 (07:18)

tktktk wrote:It's hard to say if it's better or worse, but the Numa community is definitely different from the way it was in the early days. It's gotten a little more cynical, but it also reaches into styles that might have been a little too strange a few years ago.
It's interesting you should say that. I find most of the complaints about NUMA come from those who aren't using it. There are heavy NUMA users who mostly ignore commentary from those around them and just use NUMA as an archive for maps.

Remembering Hoxygen
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/rikaninja

Postby Rikaninja » 2009.01.12 (09:52)

Heavy NUMA users. Well really what do you mean by heavy? Do you mean with many maps and experience or with few really top-notch maps. Like comparing ATML with, I don't know...atob? NUMA is becoming, well better by standard dramatically. =}

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/mc_george

Postby George » 2009.01.13 (12:54)

Rikaninja wrote:Heavy NUMA users. Well really what do you mean by heavy? Do you mean with many maps and experience or with few really top-notch maps. Like comparing ATML with, I don't know...atob? NUMA is becoming, well better by standard dramatically. =}
Heavy users as in those who often frequent the site, I'd imagine.

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.13 (13:00)

I mean those with a high mass.

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/mc_george

Postby George » 2009.01.13 (13:38)

blue_tetris wrote:I mean those with a high mass.
Like Dave.

:D

Demon Fisherman

Postby blue_tetris » 2009.01.13 (19:06)

George wrote:
Like Dave.

:D
My mass steadily decreases.

Global Mod
Global Mod
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/scythe33

Postby scythe » 2009.01.13 (19:25)

Incidentally, McDonald's also refers to those who frequent the restaurant as "heavy users".
As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.

Subterranean Engineer
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/Izzy

Postby Izzy » 2009.01.13 (20:13)

blue_tetris wrote:
Kablizzy wrote:Dave always says things better. ;_;
My ongoing goal is to interpret-then-evolve what's been said, in a way that fosters connectivity within the social infrastructure of the community.
<3
Derived from ksktorngsig!
I don't think the universe has infinite material though, unless God makes DLC packs. - SkyPanda

The 700 Club
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/greenblack

Postby blackbelmoral » 2009.01.14 (00:57)

it is so big, i tried to edit it and put the whole thing in my userlevels, and it crashed the computer. my new computer
YAR HAR!
X2
Sigs:
29403|?NicNac?| Kablamo
Atilla wrote:If I offer a position, particularly one that requires a degree of responsibility and maturity, verbally abusing me because you missed the position will only confirm my belief that you were not the best candidate

Unsavory Conquistador of the Western Front
NUMA Profile: http://www.nmaps.net/user/Kablizzy

Postby Kablizzy » 2009.01.14 (03:01)

*Flexes his Anthology*

Also, we were going to call the packs origNs, Npersand, zNith, and Nthology, but we thought that to be a little silly. (Ampersand was the first name for Expanse, and also - "&" was the first working name of the final Ampersand pack.
vankusss wrote:What 'more time' means?
I'm going to buy some ham.

Hawaii Five-Oh

Postby Condog » 2009.01.14 (05:56)

So far, these are my favourite levels:

Aerial Energy Harvester
Aspect Ratio
chainsaw
Considerable Constraints
Deep Sea Fishing (Motionless Remix)
Eerie Islands <--- Love this one. Excellent idea.
Exile
Exit Stage Left, Pursued By Bears <--- High-larious name. Genious.
Inside a Pinata

Yet Another Harshad
NUMA Profile: http://nmaps.net/user/z3phyr
MBTI Type: ISTP

Postby Zephyr » 2009.01.14 (10:03)

Is there any way i can have both this and my other userlevels in the userlevels section at the same time?
Clickme
spoiler

Orange- N cannot be spoken, or even thought about in my household. If my parents ever found out that I have played N since the cleansing, my life would be ruined. I keep the game in a multi-passworded .rar on a USB flash drive inside a locked boron alloy container that requires two keys to open (I keep one under the 64th hammer in my piano, and the other one in a small section of removable ceiling in the corner of the attic) hidden in a wall compartment lined with aluminium foil to prevent sonar detection behind my 375 kg cupboard, which is bolted to the floor - the only way to reach it is to abseil outside the fourth floor window and use a screwdriver to unfasten the screws holding the secret brick in place on the opposite side of the wall, but the screwdriver must be a specific type like the one I own, since if any other screwdriver comes into contact with the screws, the entire building will explode, as will a seperate charge placed inside the boron alloy container, rendering the USB useless. Even once the container is retrieved, attemping to open it without the arming pin in place (which is kept inside the battery compartment of my Maglite) will cause the water reservoirs lining the container to burst and react with the caesium lining, causing the container to burst into flames - the only way to prevent this is to use the arming pins to shut off the reservoirs with a sliding steel door. The USB itself contains an accelerometer linked to an explosive charge, meaning that if the USB detects its own movement speed as being greater than 5 cm/s, it will explode - any person attempting to steal it would have to move at a uselessly slow speed. Once plugged into a computer, the USB will upload a ghost virus onto it, leaving no traces. Only the right password can deactivate this virus, and if it is left on the computer for more than six hours, it will format all drives.

As you can see, I take my N playing very seriously.

Guiseppi- I'd much rather watch animals get boned in the ass.

Yanni- If it's glad, it's not rape.

Tsukatu- I refuse to use throw-away bags for such a frequent purpose as buying groceries. Instead, I've collected the hair of my two pet dogs and have woven them together into an all-natural, 100% environmentally friendly bag that I bring with me everywhere. And when I buy products that come in glass and plastic containers, I track down the company that packages them and ship back their containers so that they don't take up space in landfills.

Yeah, I use plastic.

Tsukatu- I hear Ebony Online is great, too. Cum save your princess, my lord!

Ska- UR MUM LIKE IS SPICY

Ska- why d i get the feeling what i typed will end up in the quote depository; or worse: someone's sig.

KinGAleX- I did it on the couch a little while ago.

Zeph- I got too pissed at the knife in the end so I just broke the wood on my knee

[13:50:29] |<-- Zeph has left irc.mountai.net (Quit: Zeph)
[13:50:53] <Zeph> omfg 1950s jazz :D
[13:50:57] <WorldCupE> ZEPH
[13:51:01] <WorldCupE> WHAT
[13:51:11] <WorldCupE> hpw
[13:51:12] <WorldCupE> how
[13:51:12] <Zeph> everyone wears out halfway through the match
[13:51:15] <WorldCupE> ._.
[13:51:17] <WorldCupE> you
[13:51:19] <WorldCupE> aren't
[13:51:20] <WorldCupE> here
[13:51:24] <WorldCupikaze> I think the broadcasters lowered the volume for certain frequencies
[13:51:35] <WorldCupikaze> WOAH
[13:51:38] <WorldCupikaze> STOP IT ZEPH
[13:51:46] <WorldCupE> he's in #n
[13:51:49] <WorldCupE> but not here
[13:51:58] <Zeph> that nz guy wasn't fouled
[13:52:05] <WorldCupikaze> DUBBLE YOO. TEE. EFF.
[13:52:05] <WorldCupikaze> STOPIT
[13:52:29] <WorldCupE> I don't think Zeph can read what we say
[13:52:38] <WorldCupikaze> No
[13:52:41] <WorldCupikaze> But it still happens
[13:52:46] <WorldCupE> xD
[13:52:47] <Zeph> holy shot I'm vibrating to 1950s relaxing jazz
[13:52:58] <WorldCupE> ZEPH
[13:53:01] <WorldCupE> CAN YOYU HEAR ME
[13:53:20] <WorldCupE> donfuy
[13:53:23] <WorldCupE> have you seen this
[13:53:35] <Donfuy> i can't
[13:53:43] <WorldCupE> can't what
[13:53:47] <WorldCupE> Zeph isn't here
[13:53:48] <WorldCupikaze> WHAT's GOING ON
[13:53:51] <WorldCupE> but is speaking
[13:53:51] <WorldCupE> D:
[13:53:58] <Donfuy> can't see what huh?
[13:54:06] <WorldCupikaze> IT'S THE APOCALYPSE
[13:54:10] <Donfuy> where's zeph o_o
[13:54:18] <WorldCupE> precisely
[13:54:21] <WorldCupikaze> Exactly
[13:55:21] <WorldCupikaze> call wide
[13:55:24] <Zeph> Pooh
[13:55:28] <WorldCupikaze> EH?
[13:55:37] <WorldCupikaze> OOOOOOOOoh
[13:55:38] <Zeph> amazing slide tackle saves day
[13:55:48] <WorldCupikaze> WHY ARE YOU TALKING YOU AREN'T HERE
[13:56:53] <WorldCupikaze> call wide
[13:57:02] -->| Zeph ([email protected]) has joined #Worldcup

[13:32:33] |<-- Zeph has left irc.mountai.net (Quit: Zeph)
[13:32:43] <WorldCupE> ZEPH D:<
[13:32:44] <Zeph> fucking irc app
[13:32:47] <WorldCupE> O_O
[13:32:50] -->| Zeph ([email protected]) has joined #Worldcup

Sig and avatar made by 망했어 네 여동생